Joseph D. Popplewell, J.D., LL.M. comes from a southern Idaho family. The Popplewell family moved from southern Missouri to Buhl, Idaho in 1919. The Ramseyer family moved from northern Ohio to the Filer, Idaho area in 1915. Joe grew-up in the rural farming community of Buhl. While growing-up, Joe and his family lived on a small acreage a few miles north of Buhl. On the acreage they primarily raised alfalfa for local farmers and small dairies, and Joe learned about hard work and commitment. When not helping on the acreage, Joe shared his family's passion for golfing and exploring scenic Idaho. Joe continued his education at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho after graduating from Buhl High School. He graduated from the University of Idaho with three degrees - a Juris Doctor, a Master of Accountancy and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. After graduation, Joe moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico. There he was employed by New Mexico's premier estate planning, tax, business and real estate law firm - Hurley Toevs Styles Hamblin & Panter, P.A. Also, during this time Joe obtained his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University. Although they enjoyed their time in New Mexico, Joe and his family decided to move back to the Gem State to be closer to family and to be active community members.
- New York University - LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Idaho - J.D.
- University of Idaho - M.Acct.
- University of Idaho - B.S., Acct., cum laude
- Idaho State Bar
- New Mexico State Bar
- American Bar Association
- University of Idaho College of Business and Economics Department of Accounting Advisory Board
- University of Idaho Planned Giving Advisory Board
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Buhl Rotary Club
- Professional Leadership and Networking of Twin Falls
- Magic Valley Estate Planning Council
- University of Idaho Alumni Award for Excellence
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society
- Phi Eta Sigma
- Idaho History
- Joe is an identical twin